ACEing Autism (ACEing) is seeking candidates for a part-time Development Manager position that partners with donors and enables their rewarding experience of supporting recreation programs for children and families nationwide. If you care about the role sports can play in a child’s life, and have experience connecting funders with the wonderful opportunity of helping families, we’d like to hear from you. This is a special opportunity to be part of a dynamic nonprofit organization with growth potential.
ACEing Autism is on a mission for children with autism to grow, develop, and benefit from social connections through affordable tennis programming, uniquely serving individual needs while filling a national void for this growing and worthy population.
Can you envision yourself supporting ACEing donors, Executive Management, and 80+ ACEing program sites across the country?
ACEing Autism aims to be the preeminent thought leader on how tennis and sport develops children with autism spectrum disorder by 50% of the 1M+ children becoming aware of ACEing Autism and impacting an increasing percentage reached with ACEing’s unique programming.
This will require new resources. Can you bring development skills and experience to help ACEing expand and become a leading resource in the autism community, while helping funders that care about autism?
Approximately 50% of the Manager’s initial purpose, focus, and support is related to: a) supporting a mid-level and major gift portfolio, b) 30% on foundation/institutional funding, c) 10-20% on direct marketing fundraising including acquisition, either virtual or live events, and grassroots local fundraising activities.
General Responsibilities, including but are not limited to:
- Build and execute stewardship contact strategies with existing donors.
- Build, execute, and manage relationships with prospective major donors through close collaboration with Executive Management, Program Site Directors, and members of the ACEing Board and other volunteer leaders.
- Build and execute periodic direct marketing campaigns and appeals.
- Support less than a dozen grassroots fundraising initiatives in collaboration with localProgram site volunteers.
- Manage a portfolio of a few foundation partnerships and grants. Develop a strategy for a more robust foundation program for ACEing Autism by building relations with foundations focused on autism.
- The Manager will report directly to the President, but also collaborate with the Founder and Executive Director and Program leadership—a small, close-knit, nimble, supportive team.
- Candidates should be passionate about serving donors, results oriented, mature, ethical, and entrepreneurial.
- Experience developing and executing direct marketing campaigns
- Experience soliciting gifts of $1,000 to $10,000+
- Experience with foundation relationships and portfolio management, grant writing, reporting and prospecting
- Excellent writing, listening, speaking, conversational and social skills
- Creative and strategic thinker
- Strong work ethic
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail
- Experience working with a team and coordinating between several individuals or departments
- Experience working with donor databases and MailChimp. Knowledge of or ability to quickly learn NEON CRM
- Familiarity with youth sports, ideally tennis and/or adaptive sports for children
- 4-7 years professional development experience in a similar field and/or role
- College degree required
- Interested applicants should send a brief cover letter and resume together in the same file when applying. Applicants are encouraged to link to a few examples of writing and campaign or direct marketing planning experience. ACEing will make best efforts to acknowledge receipt of your interest, but may be unable depending on volume. Please know we appreciate your interest. ACEing Autism is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We highly encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply