ACEing Autism is on a mission for children with autism to grow, develop and benefit from social connections and fitness through affordable tennis programming, uniquely serving individual needs while filling a national void for this growing and worthy population. The organization aims to be the preeminent thought leader on how tennis and sport develops children with autism spectrum disorder by reaching 50% of the 1M+ families in the community and increasing awareness of ACEing Autism, while impacting those reached with ACEing’s unique programming.
- Part Time Employee
- Director of Program Operations & Quality Control Manager
- We are a recreation program, which is different from a more formal clinic setting. While the majority of our participants make progress in a range of areas, we are not providing therapy. We aim for participants to be happy, relaxed, and engaged. As an expert, your goal is to teach our volunteers and Program Directors how to best work with, communicate with, and relate to the kids in our program. The goal is not for you to work directly with participants, but to consult on strategies and basic principles of behavior to our volunteers who work directly with the participants.
- Experience working with children with autism and other developmental disabilities
- Understanding of basic principles of behavior and ability to communicate them to laymen in a clear and concise manner
- Tennis experience is a plus, but not required
Job Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work directly with, and provide feedback to, Program Directors and volunteers on best practices for working with children on the autism spectrum.
- Focus on the following primary goals during clinics:
- Have fun (task analysis to meet them where they’re at so they can be engaged)
- Socialization (ideally with other participants, but volunteers too)
- Exercise (keep them moving, minimal standing around)