How We Collect Information
Information You Provide to Us
We and our service providers may collect and store any information you provide when using the Site or that you provide in some other manner, including in-person at events where we collect your information. This may include information such as:
- Contact information and/or registration information when you sign up for our newsletters, make a donation, attend an event (such as galas or fundraisers), apply to one of our programs, or sign up to volunteer;
- Information you provide in posting areas (such as our blog or on social media) and surveys you have taken with us;
- Information you provide to us while using the Site, including the files you have uploaded;
- Payment and banking information, including credit card or payment card information and billing address;
- Content you make available through social media accounts; and
- Such other information we collect with your consent or as permitted or required by law.
Information Collected from Other Sources
Automatically Collected Information
We, our service providers, and other third parties may automatically collect certain information from your computer and/or device when you use the Site, including users’ online activities over time and across third-party websites and our Site.
The automated means include cookies, web beacons, and other technologies, and the information collected may include information such as:
- URLs that refer users to our Site;
- Search terms used to reach our Site;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our Site (such as IP address, browser type and language, and operating system information); and
- Details about users’ interaction with our Site (such as the date, time, frequency, and length of visits, specific content and pages accessed and buttons clicked during the visits, and information provided by you, including email addresses).
Cookies and Tracking GIFs
We may use “cookies” and other tracking technologies to collect information about you when you visit the Site. Cookies are small text files placed on visitors’ computers and/or devices to store information about their activities on the Site, such as their user preferences. In addition to cookies, tracking GIFs may be set by us or third parties to collect information about your use of the Site. Tracking GIFs are small image files embedded within the content of the Site to monitor which parts of the Site are visited and whether particular content is of interest.
Most web browsers are set to automatically accept cookies, but many provide options to allow you to stop accepting new cookies or to disable existing cookies. Please be aware that if you disable the cookies on your computer you may not be able to use certain features of the Site, and disabling cookies may invalidate opt outs that rely on cookies to function.
Note that your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a “Do Not Track” signal to websites and online services you visit; such signals may prevent third parties from collecting information about your online activities over time and across different websites. California law requires us to disclose how the Site responds to these kinds of “Do Not Track” signals. Like many websites, the Site currently is not designed to respond to “Do Not Track” signals from visitors’ browsers. To learn more about “Do Not Track” you may wish to visit this site.
How We Use Your Information
We may use information that we collect about you to:
- Identify, establish, and maintain our relationship with you;
- Deliver services and information that you have requested;
- Process and communicate with you about your applications to our programs;
- Communicate with you about our organization, including events, programs, or services;
- Provide you with support, including regarding your donations, applications to our programs, or use of the Site;
- Manage and improve our organization, program offerings, and fundraising strategies;
- Process, validate, and verify payments, including donations and application fees;
- Meet legal, regulatory, insurance, security, and processing requirements and court, or administrative orders or as required by law;
- Investigate complaints, or other allegations;
- Maintain business records for reasonable periods; and
- Perform any other functions as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
How and With Whom We Share Your Information
We may share your information with others as indicated below:
- Program Directors and Authorized Service Providers: We may share your information with our network of program directors and others that assist us in running our programs, as well as authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include:
- Email services;
- Billing and payment processing;
- Supporting our Site functionality, supporting submission and review of program applications, silent auctions or similar activities, surveys, and other features offered through our Site.
- On our Site and in our Communications. With your consent, we may share your information such as your photograph and name on our Site, in our newsletters, and in reports that we send highlighting the work of our organization.
How Long We Keep Your Information
ACEing does not solicit personal information from children. Visitors under 13 years of age and under should remember that they are required to obtain an adult’s permission before submitting any personal information to this or any other website.
How We Protect Your Information
The security and confidentiality of your information is very important to us. Thus, we take certain security measures (including physical, electronic, and procedural measures) to help safeguard your information from unauthorized access and disclosure. Please know that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect or impenetrable.
Information for Users Outside the United States
Your California Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California have the right to request from companies conducting business in California a list of all third parties to which the company has disclosed certain categories of personal information during the preceding year for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and the categories of personal information the company shares. We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes.
Last update: February 17, 2021